Thursday, September 13, 2007

Change in Seasons

On days like these, when the sun is shining and it is above freezing, I don't mind the fall weather so much. It's those dreary drizzly days that are depressing. But today, the sun is shining, the breeze is breezy, the house smells like baking bread, fall is wonderful! The thought of all those "comfort" foods like roast beef, stew, casseroles fills my mind as I consider what to have for dinner.
I spent a good part of the morning rearranging my garden to accomodate a couple of new perennials I bought on sale (I love end of season sales!) I have been accumulating perennials over the years, they are so much easier (and cheaper in the long run) than annuals, and they fill in the garden so nicely. The problem is that every year they get just that little bit bigger, and now my garden is a little TOO full. So I separated a whole lot of irises(Deanna will be happy, I put them in her garden in the back yard) and columbines, took out a big leafy thing I have never been fond of, and planted my newcomers. I then took photo documentation so in the spring I will remember what I planted where, and not pull them out thinking they are weeds!
Want a peek?


The final effect. I think sedums are one of my favourites, they look good in all seasons. In the spring I will split that one into two...or three.



I love the bright yellow of these in the fall.








This is an ornamental pepper - isn't it cool?



And the ultimate fall flower, the mum. I can never decide which color is my favorite of these. This burgundy is one of them.







A Blogger question: how do I embed pictures where I want them when I post? These all posted at the top of my post, and I had to cut and paste them. Is that normal or is there another way to do it?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

no, there's no way of doing it that easily. Don't want everything to easily, eh? Makes you lazy.

Anonymous said...

Nice Blog Lisa. Love all the pink colours, your favorite i presume? The pictures of the rainbow is nice... is it a double rainbow?
Love
Dad

Lisa said...

Yes it was a double rainbow, really neat to see. The sky was black on one side of the house but blue and sunshine on the other - it was freaky really.
I think I'm finding the pink a bit much, I'll have to see what else I can find.