Saturday, December 8, 2007

TA-DA!

It's done! Well, other than some trim paint and little odds and ends. Today the tile got grout and the microwave got installed:
Recognize that ugly old kitchen on the right?

The new stove looks great with actual glass in the door!


close-up of the tile. It looks amazing! I'm really happy with it. Since it is a porous tile, we do want to put a coat or two of sealer on it, in case we have any major spaghetti sauce accidents. Or people cutting their fingers with sharp knives...
Here's a before and after:
So, even though I didn't gain any square footage or counter space, the end result is a more efficient, workable kitchen. Maybe that's just because I cleared my cupboards and purged all the stuff I never use, but oh well... I still love it!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks like you actually lost some cupboard space because of where the dishwasher is... or did you put in some cupboards where the dishasher used to be?

Looks good. Can't wait to see it in action....

Lisa said...

No, we just moved the dishwasher. Where it used to be I now have drawers and a skinny cupboard which is great for trays/cutting boards and holds all my baking pans.

Lisa said...

You can see it in an earlier post.. Kitchen Renovations Part 2. It's beside the fridge...

Marg said...

Looks nice and fresh, Lisa... I like your colours!