Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Advice?

Any ideas on what to do for a 9 year old with a nasty annoying dry cough? It seems to be really bad at bedtime, and she has a hard time falling asleep on a good day!
I got her the Benylin Nighttime Dry Cough, which doesnt' seem to do much, but I was hoping it would at least make her sleepy... tonight she is complaining that her throat hurts. I think it's just from trying not to cough, and then having a huge coughing fit caused by holding it in.
So now she has had the Benylin, some Motrin for the sore throat, and I put the cool mist humidifier in her room
Anyone else have any different ideas I can try???
Anyone....?

this has been going on for about a week. I, for one, have had enough of it, and so has Deanna, I'm sure! It's not bad enough to go to the doctor, but it sure is frustrating!

***Thanks to my SIL, the "cough expert" for the telephone consultation. You're better than Telehealth!!****

No comments: